Find out if you can claim travel and accommodation costs for attending a workshop.
Who it's for
People enrolled in one of our specialist 1-day workshops* or 2-day workshops (except the Tailored Workshop), who meet all the following criteria:
- Your workplace is in a regional or remote location with an RA 2 to RA 5 rating (find out here)
- Your workplace is more than 50km from a workshop in a regional or remote location, or more than 100km from a workshop in a metropolitan location
* Please note: To enrol in a specialist 1-day workshop, you must have successfully completed one of our 2-day face to face workshops, 3-day virtual workshops or eLearning courses.
What you can claim
Up to $220 (incl. GST) per day for two days (maximum of $440 incl. GST) for travel and accommodation expenses you have paid.
- Airfares (best day rate)
- Bus/train/taxi fare
- Motor vehicle allowance (rate per km in a personal vehicle)
- Car hire (if it’s the most financially viable option)
- Hotel, motel or caravan park.
- General incidentals
- Change/cancellation fees for travel or accommodation.
If the workshop is in a very remote location, you might be able to claim three nights’ accommodation but only within the reimbursement total of $440 (incl. GST).
What you need to do
Keep a copy of your travel claim form, receipts and any other records of your travel costs.
You must also complete the full workshop and any assessments.
Can you claim more than once?
No, we can only reimburse your travel costs for one of our workshops.