1800RESPECT call 1800 737 732
1800RESPECT is Australia’s national sexual assault, domestic and family violence support service.
1800RESPECT is a confidential service available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and provides information, referrals and counselling to anyone experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual assault, domestic or family violence, as well as their friends and family. Frontline workers and professionals who support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence can also access 1800RESPECT’s service for information, counselling and support.
1800RESPECT’s phone and online counselling is supported by a number of digital products, including a trauma-informed website (1800respect.org.au) and a specially designed app (“Daisy”). These products provide up-to-date and accessible information on sexual assault, domestic and family violence, as well as an extensive national service directory of sexual assault, domestic or family violence support services.
The 1800RESPECT Frontline Workers Toolkit is a key resource for Frontline Workers who support people who may be at risk of, or are experiencing, sexual assault, domestic and family violence. The toolkit was developed in consultation with experts, and provides an extensive suite of information that can be tailored to suit the needs and experience of the worker.
The Toolkit includes:
- Core resources for everyone including information on recognising the signs, supporting disclosure, assessing risk, safety planning, cultural competence and trauma
- Resources to help workers and professionals understand the different types of violence against women
- Resources for managers and organisations, including information on domestic violence policies, vicarious trauma and a resilience training program
- Resources specifically for working with LGBTI communities
- Resources for working with women going to court
- Resources for working with women in times of natural disaster
- Promotional resources to help you raise awareness of support available to women experiencing the impacts of sexual assault, domestic and family violence
Access the 1800RESPECT frontline worker toolkit here.
New resources will continue to be added to the kit as they become available.