Do you need help with costs for travel, accommodation and staff backfill to attend a DV-alert workshop?
DV-alert is government funded, so there is no cost for eligible participants to attend the course.
If you need financial support to travel to the course location and accommodation, we can help.
What are financial assistance payments?
Financial assistance payments assist:
- DV-alert participants with travel and accommodation costs
- Employers to support their staff in developing the knowledge and skills of their staffon domestic violence response through staff backfill
What are the requirements to get financial assistance?
In order for students to receive financial assistance they must be/have:
- Enrolled in a DV-alert workshop, i.e. General, Indigenous or Multicultural workshop. Not applicable to E-Learning or Tailored workshop participants
- Enrolled in a workshop held in a regional or remote location more than 50 kilometres from their place of work or employed in a workplace that is in a location classified as regional or remote(www.doctorconnect.gov.au/locator)
- An Australian citizen or a permanent resident in Australia
- Currently employed or a volunteer in health, allied health or frontline work
- Completed the two full days of the workshop and complete all assessment tasks
Download the Financial Assistance Guidelines
Who is NOT eligible for financial assistance?
Students are not eligible for Financial Assistance if they are attending the workshop as:
- An employee or volunteer of Lifeline
- An employee or volunteer not working in the health, allied health or community sector
- A participant whose workplace is in a metropolitan area
- A participant who enrolled in a workshop located in a metropolitan area
- Students who are self-employed
Only registered and approved participants can apply for financial assistance, click here to download the Financial Assistance Guidelines and Application form.
DV-alert forms part of the Women’s Safety Agenda and is an initiative financially supported by the Department of Social Services
For enquiries and application submissions, email email@example.com
View Workshop Schedule
Share this with a friend